Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score !
On this week’s episode, the entire KTSPod team returns to sum up the MLB postseason thus far and give their predictions for a Cubs-Indians World Series. Also, a look in on the NFL, with over a third of the season in the books, and some surprises, disappointments, and controversies. Finally, a preview of the NBA season, which tips off this week.
Panelists on this episode include Don Delarente (@dondelarente), Tyler Ball (@taball1), and Nubyjas Wilborn (@nwilborn19). This episode is moderated by Jessy (@thatssojessy).
Follow us on twitter @KTSPod, use the hashtag #KTSPod to join the conversation.
This show is also available on iTunes, stitcher smart radio, TuneIn radio, SoundCloud, and now on Google Play Music! Subscribe to “Know the Score”, “The CSPN”. or the “Cold Slither Podcast Network” today & tell a friend (or a foe)!
Listen on SoundCloud!
Cast your Vote in our weekly #KTSPolls
Play of the Week
- Clayton Kershaw closes out the NLDS in Game 5 against the Nats
- Saints’ Drew Brees passes to Brandon Cooks in stride for 87 yards TD vs. Panthers
- Singer Denasia Lawrence takes a knee while singing the National Anthem before an NBA preseason game, wearing a shirt with the words “Black Lives Matter”
- Michael Smith & Jemelle Hill named the new anchors of the 6pm SportsCenter Starting the day after the Super Bowl Feb 6th
Ride the Pine
- The NFL for being complicit in placating Josh Brown with a possible cover up and only a single game suspension.
- The Big 12 Conference for wasting everybody’s time and not voting to expand from its 10 teams.
- Cam Newton, once again having a surly attitude in the press conference after a loss
- Buffalo Bills fans for their behavior towards Colin Kaepernick (offense t-shirts, Kaepernick tackling dummies, at least one beer bottle thrown at him)
Score of the week
- 138 – Total yards for Cardinals running back David Johnson as he outscored the NY Jets with three TDs in a 28-3 romp over the Jets.
- 4,921– career rushing yards for NC A&T RB Tarik Cohen, tops all time for Division I HBCU players. (Former Pittsburgh Steelers RB Richard Huntley holds the HBCU record with over 6,000 yards rushing at Division II Winston-Salem State)
- 703 – yards rushing for Ezekiel Elliott, leading the NFL in rushing.
- 4 – current winning streak of the Washington football team
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
Tyler Ball has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience covering intercollegiate sports, particularly at the Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) of our nation.With over 10 years of service at N.C. A&T State University, Tyler has had access to some of the best athletes over the past 20 years. Tyler is a Sports Media Journalist and blog contributor whose work has been featured in the Associated Press, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Follow Tyler on twitter @taball1
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampantBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow Don on twitter @DonDelarente
“Crossfitter, born again Runner & craft beer lover. multimedia sports journalist. Here to incite, enlighten, & entertain.” Nubyjas is a health/fitness & food reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat. Nubyjas also hosts “Beer, It Is”, the brand-new CSPN podcast about craft beer.
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19