Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score !
This week, our panel talks about LeBron James‘ recent comments about being the next G.O.A.T. and “chasing ghosts” in reference to fellow basketball legend Michael Jordan and Russell Westbrook inking a short-term extension with the OKC Thunder. Then, a look at this year’s Pro Football Hall of Fame class as they are enshrined at Canton and a discussion of what to expect at the Rio Olympics, which kicked off with a bang over the weekend.
All of this, plus our nominees for the weekly #KTSPod awards. Cast your votes on twitter using the hashtag #KTSPolls.
Follow us on twitter @KTSPod, use the hashtag #KTSPod to join the conversation.
This week’s panel includes first-time guest and co-host of the Negroes With A Podcast show (@NWAPcast) Garfield Hylton (@Smooth_Orator) and KTSPod regular co-hosts Tyler Ball (@taball1) and Jessy (@thatssojessy). This week’s panel is moderated by KTSPod regular co-host and birthday boy Nubyjas Wilborn (@nwilborn19) .
This show is also available on iTunes, stitcher smart radio, TuneIn radio, SoundCloud, and now on Google Play Music! Subscribe to “Know the Score”, “The CSPN”. or the “Cold Slither Podcast Network” today & tell a friend (or a foe)!
Listen on SoundCloud!
Cast your Vote in our weekly #KTSPolls
Play of the Week
- Albert Pujols hitting his 12th career walkoff home run, one off Jim Thome’s MLB record.
- Matt Wieters scrambles after a wild pitch, wheels, and throws out Texas’ Rougned Odor at second base in the 9th inning of a 3-2 Baltimore win.
- DeMar DeRozan getting his dunk on during the final Olympic tune-up for Team USA
- South Africa’s Itumeleng Khune makes one of his spectacular saves off the boot a Neymar, preserving a scoreless draw.
Ride the Pine
- Draymond Green for his crotch issues. This time he put his own in a snapchat story. Cue the jokes.
- The International Olympic Committee for backpedaling from its promise of a comprehensive ban on Russia from the Rio Olympics. (IOC has officially banned ONE athlete: whistleblower Yulia Stepanova, while the Russian Sport Federation told only 100 of the 387 qualified to stay home).
- Hassan Sotto for alleged sexual assault allegations in Rio
- Devin Funchess for saying the Carolina Panthers have the best receiving corps in the NFL.
Score of the Week
- 29, Number of seasons at ESPN for retiring analyst Tom Jackson, co-host of the highlight show NFL Primetime.
- 39, Number of home wins for the Baltimore Orioles, by far the best in the American League (two teams have 34), and even two games better than the NL leading Chicago Cubs (update this before the show).
- 160, total number of sacks by Kevin Greene, 3rd most of all time in the NFL
- 18, Number of years the San Francisco 49ers made the playoffs in the 23-year history of Ed Debartolo’s ownership.
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
“Crossfitter, born again Runner & craft beer lover. multimedia sports journalist. Here to incite, enlighten, & entertain.” Nubyjas is a health/fitness & food reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat.
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19
Tyler Ball has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience covering intercollegiate sports, particularly at the Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) of our nation.With over 10 years of service at N.C. A&T State University, Tyler has had access to some of the best athletes over the past 20 years. Tyler is a Sports Media Journalist and blog contributor whose work has been featured in the Associated Press, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Follow Tyler on twitter @taball1
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampantBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow Don on twitter @DonDelarente