Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score !
This week, our panel recaps the second round of the NBA Playoffs, highlighted so far by a record-setting three-point barrage by the Cleveland Cavaliers over the struggling Atlanta Hawks. Additional discussion focuses on the other 2nd round matchups, some more NBA coaching moves, a few NFL post-draft deals, and the latest from the MLB and the 2nd round of the Stanley Cup Playoff.
All of this, plus our nominees for the weekly #KTSPod awards.
This week’s panel features sports media consultant Michelle Jinks (@thesportsjinks), media personality/coach/consultant & former talk show host Al Butler (@AlBDamn), and regular #KTSPod host Nubyjas Wilborn (@nwilborn19). This episode is moderated by Tyler Ball (@taball1).
What are your picks for Play of the Week, Ride the Pine, & Score of the Week?
Vote in the polls below!
This show is also available on iTunes, stitcher smart radio, TuneIn radio, SoundCloud, and now on Google Play Music! Subscribe to “Know the Score”, “The CSPN”. or the “Cold Slither Podcast Network” today & tell a friend (or a foe)!
This episode is also now available on SoundCloud!
Vote for this week’s Play of the Week, Score of the Week, and Ride the Pine winners in our twitter polls under #KTSPod & #KTSPolls!
Play of the Week nominees
- Hassan Whiteside blocking an Al Jefferson shot, leading to a Goran Dragic spin and layup on the other end. “Dragic with the Spin”
- President Barack Obama giving his own impromptu tribute to Kobe Bryant’s retirement by literally dropping the microphone at his final White House Correspondents Dinner: “Obama Out.”
- Cavs’ Iman Shumpert makes an NBA record-tying 23rd 3-pointer with help from an unlikely source – Mike Musala’s head.
- Atlanta Hawks’ twitter account using the Jordan cry face
Ride the Pine nominees
- Johnny Manziel flips off the cameras in court and argues with reporter on twitter
- Kyle Korver’s helpless defense vs. the Cavs three-point barrage
- NBA office confirming the multiple missed calls in Spurs-Thunder, Game 2
- The NCAA for rescinding the no satellite camp ruling…infuriating the Southeastern Conference in particular.
Score of the Week nominees
- 47: Number of saves for Penguins rookie Matt Murray as Pittsburgh won 3-2 over Washington, giving the Pens a 2-1 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
- 25: Number of 3-pointers made by the Cleveland Cavaliers, most ever in a single game in NBA history.
- 0: Braves get their first shut-out over Arizona
- 10.4: strikeouts per 9 innings month of April for the Phillies. New MLB record for April.
This week’s guests
Follow on twitter @TheSportsJinks
Media Personality/Media Coach & Consultant, Former talk show host and content creator for radio stations in Philadelphia, also has been recognized by both Ebony and Essence for his charisma and charm, as part of the Sexiest Single Men campaigns.
Called Hampton University home basketball and football contests for campus station WHOV. Served as HU Media Relations Assistant.
Follow on twitter @ALBDamn
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
Tyler Ball has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience covering intercollegiate sports, particularly at the Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) of our nation.With over 10 years of service at N.C. A&T State University, Tyler has had access to some of the best athletes over the past 20 years. Tyler is a Sports Media Journalist and blog contributor whose work has been featured in the Associated Press, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Follow Tyler on twitter @taball1
“Crossfitter, born again Runner & craft beer lover. multimedia sports journalist. Here to incite, enlighten, & entertain.” Nubyjas is a health/fitness & food reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat.
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampantBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow Don on twitter @DonDelarente