Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score !
- March Madness preview
- Maria Sharapova failed drug test
- Pockets Straight: the NFL free agency free-for-all
All of this, plus our nominees for the weekly #KTSPod awards.
What are your picks for Play of the Week, Ride the Pine, & Score of the Week?
Vote in the polls below!
This episode is also now available on SoundCloud!
Vote for this week’s Play of the Week, Score of the Week, and Ride the Pine winners in our twitter polls under #KTSPod & #KTSPolls!
Play of the Week nominees
- UConn’s miracle shot to force 4th OT
- Zack Lavine with a legit 360-dunk against the Hornets
- T’Wolves’ Ricky Rubio drains game-winning 3 vs. Thunder
- Buddy Hield’s sinks potential buzzer-beater, but it just barely left his hands after the buzzer.
Ride the Pine nominees
- Rich “Goose” Gossage with his “get off my lawn” rants about baseball.
- Chris Paul goes into habitual line stepper territory with another groin punch, this time it’s Kevin Durant.
- Lebron James for his shirtless at the gym antics…then his team’s listless effort in a 106-103 loss to the eight-man Memphis Grizzlies..arguably the team’s worst of the season.
- Every Athlete in Scottsdale, Arizona. (Terrell Suggs, Brock Osweiler, Jaelen Strong arrested in a 7-day span)
Score of the Week nominees
- 30- Number of ACC Regular Season Titles for UNC basketball
- 83- Calvin Johnson’s career touchdowns. (Most ever of any NFL player not to win a playoff game).
- 5- Number of teams in history to make the NCAA Tournament field with 19 or more losses. (Holy Cross, 10-19 before the week, won four true road games in eight days to secure the Patriot League automatic bid).
- 26 pts, 11 reb, 10 asts- Matt Barnes with his first career triple double.
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
“Crossfitter, born again Runner & craft beer lover. multimedia sports journalist. Here to incite, enlighten, & entertain.” Nubyjas is a health/fitness & food reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat.
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19
Tyler Ball has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience covering intercollegiate sports, particularly at the Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) of our nation.With over 10 years of service at N.C. A&T State University, Tyler has had access to some of the best athletes over the past 20 years. Tyler is a Sports Media Journalist and blog contributor whose work has been featured in the Associated Press, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Follow Tyler on twitter @taball1
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampantBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow Don on twitter @DonDelarente