Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score !
This week, our panel reviews the wild week of NBA free agent signings, beginning with Golden State’s surprise pick-up of Kevin Durant and continuing with Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo heading to the Chicago Bulls. Plus, the return of black excellence to Wimbledon as the Williams Sisters continue their dominance. Finally, a discussion about activism, social media, and today’s athletes in the wake of the past week’s violent tragedies.
All of this, plus our nominees for the weekly #KTSPod awards. Cast your votes on twitter using the hashtag #KTSPolls.
Follow us on twitter @KTSPod, use the hashtag #KTSPod to join the conversation.
Our panelists for this week are returning guest, author and NFL writer David Steele (@David_C_Steele) and our own KTSPod contributor Tyler Ball (@taball1). This week’s episode is moderated by Nubyjas Wilborn (@nwilborn19)
This show is also available on iTunes, stitcher smart radio, TuneIn radio, SoundCloud, and now on Google Play Music! Subscribe to “Know the Score”, “The CSPN”. or the “Cold Slither Podcast Network” today & tell a friend (or a foe)!
Listen on SoundCloud!
Cast your Vote in our weekly #KTSPolls
Play of the Week
- Jeff Francoeur throws out a runner at the plate.
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers WR Ryan Smith makes a no look catch.
- Steven Strasburg returns from disabled list and pitches no hit ball.
Ride the Pine
- Gilbert Arenas for going too far with his antagonizing of Nick Young on Snapchat.
- Ernie Grunfeld for his poor performance in the Washington Wizards free agency pursuits.
- Johnny Manziel for his cynical reaction to finding his jersey being sold for $1.99.
Score of the Week
- $13: Price for all Dwyane Wade gear on the Miami Heat official website, which crashed.
- 22: Singles Grand Slam titles for Serena Williams, tying Steffi Graf’s record.
- 1: # of years until Kevin Durant (and a lot of other stars) can opt out their new deals – after NEXT season!
This week’s guest panelist:
NFL writer for The Sporting News Network. He is the co-author of Silent Gesture: The Autobiography of Olympic gold medalist Tommie Smith.
Follow David on twitter @David_C_Steele
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
“Crossfitter, born again Runner & craft beer lover. multimedia sports journalist. Here to incite, enlighten, & entertain.” Nubyjas is a health/fitness & food reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat.
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19
Tyler Ball has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience covering intercollegiate sports, particularly at the Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) of our nation.With over 10 years of service at N.C. A&T State University, Tyler has had access to some of the best athletes over the past 20 years. Tyler is a Sports Media Journalist and blog contributor whose work has been featured in the Associated Press, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Follow Tyler on twitter @taball1
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampantBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow Don on twitter @DonDelarente