Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score!
In our return from the @KTSPod bye week, we recap the results of the NLCS and ALCS, with the Mets’ Daniel Murphy and the Royals’ Alcides Escobar making huge impacts in each series, then preview this week’s upcoming World Series matchup between New York and Kansas City. Next, we look back at Week 6 of the NFL, including the Colts’ confusing fourth down play, and preview the Week 7 slate of matchups. Finally, we discuss the troubles of NBA star Lamar Odom.
All of this, plus our nominees for the weekly #KTSPod awards.
This week’s episode is moderated by Jessy (@thatssojessy).
What are your picks for Play of the Week, Ride the Pine, & Score of the Week? Vote in the polls below!
Play of the Week nominees
- The ageless wonder Bartolo Colon pitches 1⅓ scoreless innings to stifle a Cubs rally, bail out the Mets in Gm. 4 of NLCS
- Panthers QB Cam Newton’s game winning TD pass to TE Greg Olsen versus the Seahawks
- Seahawks rookie WR Tyler Lockett hauls in 43 yd TD pass vs. 49ers, his first career receiving TD.
- Alcides Escobar sets postseason record by getting a leadoff hit in each of the first four games of a series, wins ALCS MVP, propels Royals back to the World Series
Ride the Pine nominees
- Chuck Pagano for trying to out smart Bill Belichick with this play
- Rick Pitino for his grand standing during the Louisville sex scandal
- Jason Whitlock for going at Bomani Jones about his opinions on Kirk Cousins
- ESPN 980’s talking heads for claiming race not a factor in DC media’s coverage of Redskins QBs (Cousins-RG3)
Score of the Week nominees
- 503 – Number of passing yards Philip Rivers had versus the Packers. Rivers currently leads the NFL in passing yards.
- 6 – Record playoff games in a row that Daniel Murphy has hit a HR
- 6 REC 137 YDS 22.8 AVG 2 TD 88 LNG – Steelers WR Martavis Bryant’s Week 6 stats vs. Arizona
The 2015 Women’s Freedom Conference, the first all-digital, online conference organized by and featuring women of color from around the world, will take place on Sunday, October 25, 2015. This innovative conference will center and amplify the unique voices and experiences of underrepresented women who have been disenfranchised beyond gender alone– women of color whose identities are intersectional and whose womanhood is shaped and defined along those intersections.
Featured speakers include:
- Jemele Hill, ESPN Sports Journalist, co-host of “His & Hers Show”
- Majora Carter, Majora Carter Group
- Bassey Ikpi, Poet and Mental Health Advocate
- Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani, HuffPost Live
- Tiffany Yu, REVOLT TV
- Kathryn Finney, Founder, digitalundivided
- L. Joy Williams, Political Strategist and NAACP Chapter President (Brooklyn)
- Feminista Jones, BlogHer, Inc./ SheKnows Media
- Lourdes Hunter, Founder & Director, Trans Women of Color Collective
For more information, and to register or support, visit http://womensfreedomconference.com/
To donate to the 2015 Women’s Freedom Conference, visit the crowdfunding page at YouCaring.
This week’s guests:
Residing in Dirty Jersey and repping the Pittsburgh Steelers. Follow on twitter @toodrove
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampanBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow on twitter @DonDelarente
Father of 2 girls, Washington, DC native by way of Harlem in NYC. Working in IT Security. Very passionate about sports, known to be “the ESPN anchor from around the way.” Die hard fan of the Dallas Cowboys, NY Knicks, Florida State Seminoles (CFB), and the North Carolina Tar Heels (CBB). Huge buff of documentaries & biopics.
Follow Tim on twitter @TimmyJig