Part of a nutritious, balanced podcast!
From Fruit Loops to Cap’n Crunch, Rice Krispies, Fruity Pebbles, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Mr. T Cereal and everything in between!
Joined by first-time guest and cereal connoisseur Tr3y__ and returning guest and pop culture blogger William Bruce West, the crew talks about breakfast cereals from the past and present and eventually try to narrow down the field to determine THE GREATEST CEREAL OF ALL TIME!
Vote in our poll!
Discussed in this episode:
- Favorite cereals growing up
- Cereal mascots (best, worst)
- Memorable cereal ads
- Wacky/limited edition cereals
- Grown folks cereals
- Have cereals gotten better or worse since we were kids?
- The Worst cereals, then and now
- The Best cereals, then and now
- Best cereal line
- WHAT IS THE GREATEST CEREAL OF ALL-TIME (vote in our listener poll above)
- Sharkticon Pit
Special thanks to our guests for joining us this week!
a.k.a. “Trey with a Y” a.k.a. Based Cookout God a.k.a. “Tr3yvid Stern” is a serial cereal eater who’s also a sports writer. He’s also a kick-ass Call of Duty zen master and the only guy to ever lock out his own fantasy league. He can be followed on twitter @RealTr3y
William Bruce West
“He’s Forgotten More About Pop Culture Than You’ll Ever Know…”
Returning guest William Bruce West is a blerd who enjoys Power Rangers and writes cool features like West Week Ever, Thrift Justice and the infamous Black History Month post over at his blog http://williambrucewest.com
Check out his online store Will’s World of Wonder at its NEW URL http://willswonders.com … OR just click on the panel of toys to the right of this page!
Follow Will on twitter @williambwest
Also overheard in this episode:
- Granah Weep Pah Titty Ball!!!
- Call of Duty
- 20 Years of Power Rangers
- Top 50 Sexy females of wrestling
- The Marshmallow invasion
- The Lucky Charms line-up
- Snap Crackle Pop vs. the CTC bakers
- Wendell, the lone CTC baker
- Life and Mikey
- Dig ‘Em Frog = your drunk uncle
- Nintendo cereal came from Nerds cereal came from Triple Crunch
- Breakfast with Barbie
- Ochocincos & Flutie Flakes
- Smurfberry Crunch
- Ghostbusters cereal
- Does eating Wheaties even work?
- “White Power Milk”
- Strawberry Quik + Frankenberry
- Chocolate Milk + Frosted Flakes = Chocolate Ecstasy
- Cracklin’ Oat Bran
- Grape Nuts… expensive yogurt topping
- #TreyvidStern and the Fantasy League Lockout
- Best Pop-Tart flavor
- Waffle Crisp
- Giving cereal as gifts
- Top Black Comic Book Characters
and much much much much more!!
Tracks used in this episode:
“An Encore in Time” by 2 Mello from the upcoming mash-up album “Chrono Jigga” (http://soundcloud.com/2mello)
8_Bit_Hip_Hop_Rap_Instrumental_2012_Dubmood by OfficialDJDSign
“Cereal Mascot Therapy Session” CollegeHumor.com
“Duran Duran – Rio (8 Bit Instrumental)”
“Gauntlet Instrumental NES” – Kriptonyte
“Nightmare on Elm Street_Hip Hop” – ptracking
+ some of our regular dope beats by Cordicon and Lee Treble!!
Call our NEW CSP Hotline at (331) 6-VIPERS… that’s (331) 684-7377… and leave us a voice mail! We’ll read it on a future episode!
Huge thanks to @Shoubie2010 and @Rashanii for their voicemails!
Be sure to send us your comments and feedback on the show!
iTunes store: search for “Cold Slither Podcast” & leave us a review!
Check us out using the Stitcher smart radio app: http://stitcher.com/listen.php?fid=18333
Keep up with us on Tumblr: http://coldslitherpodcast.tumblr.com
Come Like our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/coldslitherpodcast
Add us to your circles on Google+: Cold Slither Podcast on Google+
Visit us on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/coldslitherpod/
Donate to the show via Paypal
Donate your twitter or facebook account to the show
Thanks for enjoying the Cold Slither Podcast! You’ll be joining us soon!
“You Grew Up On It!”