Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score !
This week, our panel talks about what goes into creating sports stories and sports coverage in the modern era of new media. Then, a roundtable discussion about the controversies surrounding Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas and Super Bowl quarterback Cam Newton, including how new and social media have shaped their respective stories. Plus, a look in on the big stories of the sports world, including a dive for the gold, the NFL trying to suspend players, and who was the biggest standout from the Rio Olympics?
All of this, plus our nominees for the weekly #KTSPod awards. Cast your votes on twitter using the hashtag #KTSPolls.
Follow us on twitter @KTSPod, use the hashtag #KTSPod to join the conversation.
This week’s guests are Justin Tinsley from The Undefeated (@JustinTinsley), Michelle Jinks from NFLFemale.com (@TheSportsJinks) and Tyler Ball from KTSPod (@taball1). This week’s show is moderated by Don Delarente (@DonDelarente).
This show is also available on iTunes, stitcher smart radio, TuneIn radio, SoundCloud, and now on Google Play Music! Subscribe to “Know the Score”, “The CSPN”. or the “Cold Slither Podcast Network” today & tell a friend (or a foe)!
Listen on SoundCloud!
Cast your Vote in our weekly #KTSPolls
Play of the Week
- #BlackGirlMagic shines at the Rio Olympics
- Neymar scores 14 seconds into Brazil’s 6-0 semifinal victory over Honduras, the fastest goal in Olympic history.
- Japan surprising everyone and racing to a silver medal anchored by half-Jamaican Aska Cambridge
Note: Cambridge trains with Racers Track Club with Bolt, Asafa Powell, and Johan Blake
Ride the Pine
- Haitian hurdler Jeffrey Julmis falls on the FIRST hurdle after he showboats
- Olympic referees being removed by AIBA after three controversial decisions in succession.
- Ryan Lochte apologists and defenders
Score of the week
- 43.03 seconds – New 400M World Record set by Wayde van Niekerk of South Africa.
- 9 – Usain Bolt’s career gold medal total.
- 47-0 – USA Women’s Basketball record since 1992.
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampantBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow Don on twitter @DonDelarente
Tyler Ball has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience covering intercollegiate sports, particularly at the Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) of our nation.With over 10 years of service at N.C. A&T State University, Tyler has had access to some of the best athletes over the past 20 years. Tyler is a Sports Media Journalist and blog contributor whose work has been featured in the Associated Press, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Follow Tyler on twitter @taball1
“Crossfitter, born again Runner & craft beer lover. multimedia sports journalist. Here to incite, enlighten, & entertain.” Nubyjas is a health/fitness & food reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat. Nubyjas also hosts “Beer, It Is”, the brand-new CSPN podcast about craft beer.
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19