Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score !
This week, our panel reflects on the coaching career and legacy of the late Dennis Green, who the sports world lost recently. Next, they explore USA basketball’s readiness for the Olympic Games in Rio with an in-depth squad and competition preview,
All of this, plus our nominees for the weekly #KTSPod awards. Cast your votes on twitter using the hashtag #KTSPolls.
Follow us on twitter @KTSPod, use the hashtag #KTSPod to join the conversation.
This week’s panel includes returning guest Jonathan Tillman (@thetillshow), first-time guest Kyle Madson (@MadSports8) and regular KTSPod contributor Nubyjas Wilborn (@nwilborn19). This week’s episode is moderated by Tyler Ball (@taball1).
This show is also available on iTunes, stitcher smart radio, TuneIn radio, SoundCloud, and now on Google Play Music! Subscribe to “Know the Score”, “The CSPN”. or the “Cold Slither Podcast Network” today & tell a friend (or a foe)!
Listen on SoundCloud!
Cast your Vote in our weekly #KTSPolls
Play of the Week
- Portland’s Diego Valeri scores a goal from an impossible angle against Seattle.
- NYCFC’s Jack Harrison makes a defender do a 360 before scoring against Montreal.
- Mets RF Yoenis Cespedes guns down Cubs’ Wilson Contreras at the plate.
- Chicago F Denzel Valentine pivots and hits game winner as clock expires in summer league action.
- The WNBA players for staging a media blackout after being fined for wearing Black Lives Matter t-shirts
- Boogie Cousins to Paul George
Ride the Pine
- Tom Brady, just for wasting everybody’s time and serving the four-game suspension for Deflategate.
- Alabama offensive guard Alphonse Taylor, suspended indefinitely after picking up a DUI charge.
- The Russian Sport Federation for grand scale CHEATING in the Sochi Olympics according to the McLaren report.
- The UFC, for the complete disaster that was UFC 200.
- The WNBA
- Lou Holtz, for his highly offensive comments regarding immigrants during the RNC (after which he was seen carrying a Crown Royal Apple bag.)
- The state of North Carolina, as the NBA removes the All-Star game from Charlotte, due to House Bill 2.
Score of the Week
- 75-1: Mike Krzyzewski’s record as USA Men’s Basketball head coach. (the loss was to Greece at the ‘06 World Championships)
- 7: Number of players in the NFL who were franchise tagged this off season. (Justin Tucker of the Ravens joined Miller and Wilkerson in signing long term deals).
- 31: The Air Jordan XXXI will make its debut in Rio in an Olympic Red White and Blue colorway.
- 20: The ACC announced that basketball will move to a 20-game conference schedule to get more league games on the incoming ACC Network in the 2019-20 season.
- 33 percent: The rate of increase of home runs hit in MLB this season.
- 161: HRS
This week’s guest panelists:
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
Tyler Ball has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience covering intercollegiate sports, particularly at the Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) of our nation.With over 10 years of service at N.C. A&T State University, Tyler has had access to some of the best athletes over the past 20 years. Tyler is a Sports Media Journalist and blog contributor whose work has been featured in the Associated Press, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Follow Tyler on twitter @taball1
“Crossfitter, born again Runner & craft beer lover. multimedia sports journalist. Here to incite, enlighten, & entertain.” Nubyjas is a health/fitness & food reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat.
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampantBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow Don on twitter @DonDelarente