Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score!
This week, we discuss the dominance of Serena Williams, who was named Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year. What is her impact on tennis and the world of sports overall, and why is there even a debate about her greatness? Our panel also visits the NBA, including Rajon Rondo‘s unacceptable on-court behavior, the copy-paste apology and the league’s mishandling of the situation, plus the unheralded excellence of the San Antonio Spurs. Finally, a recap of Thursday night’s NFL game, also known as the “Condiment Bowl” with those color rush unis, and a preview of the slate of games for Week 15.
All of this, plus our nominees for the weekly #KTSPod awards.
What are your picks for Play of the Week, Ride the Pine, & Score of the Week?
Vote in the polls at http://knowthescore.cspn.us
This week’s episode is moderated by Tyler Ball (@taball1).
Now available on Soundcloud!
What are your picks for Play of the Week, Ride the Pine, & Score of the Week? Vote in the polls below!
Play of the Week nominees
- Kobe Bryant’s vintage dunk on Rockets C Clint Capela
- Chelsea FC fires Jose Mourinho
- Kristaps Porzingis hosts block party against T’Wolves’ Andrew Wiggins & fellow rookie Karl Anthony Towns
- Cam Newton’s 4 yard TD pass to ED Dickson through a very tight window
- Odell Beckham dragging his feet to stay inbounds for the TD against the Dolphins
Ride the Pine nominees
- All of Serena Williams detractors/American Pharoah supporters. Period.
- Robin Lopez fighting mascots? C’mon man.
- The Philadelphia 76ers, just because they are the SIXERS.
- Rondo for his copy-paste apology. Period!
Score of the Week nominees
- Four. the number of overtimes it took for the Pistons to beat the Bulls 147-144 last night. Only the 13th 4 OT game in NBA history.
- 184. The total number of US NATIONAL TEAM goals for recently retired forward Abby Wambach, arguably the greatest US soccer player ever.
- One. The inaugural Air Force Reserves Celebration Bowl pits NC A&T of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference against Alcorn State of the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
This week’s guest panelists
CSPN Co-Creator/Mastermind. Husband, college grad, wrasslin fan, comic book stasher. Podcast adventurer. 40-something.
Follow on twitter @classickmateria
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
Tyler Ball has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience covering intercollegiate sports, particularly at the Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) of our nation.With over 10 years of service at N.C. A&T State University, Tyler has had access to some of the best athletes over the past 20 years. Tyler is a Sports Media Journalist and blog contributor whose work has been featured in the Associated Press, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampanBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow on twitter @DonDelarente
Father of 2 girls, Washington, DC native by way of Harlem in NYC. Working in IT Security. Very passionate about sports, known to be “the ESPN anchor from around the way.” Die hard fan of the Dallas Cowboys, NY Knicks, Florida State Seminoles (CFB), and the North Carolina Tar Heels (CBB). Huge buff of documentaries & biopics.
Follow Tim on twitter @TimmyJig