Welcome back to CSPN’s Know the Score !
This week, we review the NCAA Final Four matchups. Next, we discuss the favorites, contenders, and dark horses in baseball in anticipation of today’s MLB Opening Day. Finally, we survey the playoff landscape of the NBA to find out which teams will grab those last few seeds.
All of this, plus our nominees for the weekly #KTSPod awards.
Panelists this week are returning guests Jeff Esquire (@JeffEsquire), Till Odinson (@thetillshow), & KTSPod co-host Jessy (@thatssojessy).
This week’s episode is moderated by Tyler Ball (@taball1).
What are your picks for Play of the Week, Ride the Pine, & Score of the Week?
Vote in the polls below!
This episode is also now available on SoundCloud!
Vote for this week’s Play of the Week, Score of the Week, and Ride the Pine winners in our twitter polls under #KTSPod & #KTSPolls!
Play of the Week nominees
- Notre Dame forward V.J. Beacham gets airborne for baseline dunk
- Malachi Richardson with the game clinching 3-pointer to send Syracuse to the Final Four
- Emmanuel Mudiay buzzer beater
- JR Smith No Look to Lebron for the reverse jam at Brooklyn
Ride the Pine nominees
- UFC fighter Jon Jones, ALREADY UNDER PROBATION, cited for drag racing just 30 days prior to his title fight with current champ Daniel Cormier.
- The LA Lakers for just being the LA Lakers.
- Colts owner Jim Irsay and his daughter Carlie, for their statements concerning pro football and its connection to chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), further proving that the NFL wants to stay as far away as possible from the issue.
- Piston guard Reggie Jackson for his excessive celebration after the Pistons 88-82 win over his former teammates the OKC Thunder on Tuesday
Score of the Week nominees
- 175 – Number of millions Anthony Davis has on his contract extension
- 73 – consecutive games UCONN’s women’s basketball have won, 17 games away from their old record of 90 straight.
- 9 – Number of times a school has put two teams in the NCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s Final Four. (UCONN is the only school to pull the sweep, in 2004 and 2014)
- 10 – seed of the Syracuse Orange, the first 10 seed ever to make the Men’s Final Four.
This week’s guests
Jeff Esquire (@JeffEsquire)
Till Odinson (@thetillshow)
Sounds for Know the Score provided by Zip Leathers.
About the Know the Score team:
Tyler Ball has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience covering intercollegiate sports, particularly at the Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) of our nation.With over 10 years of service at N.C. A&T State University, Tyler has had access to some of the best athletes over the past 20 years. Tyler is a Sports Media Journalist and blog contributor whose work has been featured in the Associated Press, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Follow Tyler on twitter @taball1
“I consider myself a sports super nerd. I’m #HTTR and #BeatDook till I die.” Member of the #RampantBlackNeckaryCrew. Don is also the co-host of CSPN’s pro wrestling podcast The WrassleCast.
Follow Don on twitter @DonDelarente
“Crossfitter, born again Runner & craft beer lover. multimedia sports journalist. Here to incite, enlighten, & entertain.” Nubyjas is a health/fitness & food reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat.
Follow Nubyjas on twitter @nwilborn19